1. Provide a person with a deeper awareness of God as creator and sustainer and redeemer of the universe.
2. Relate a person to other persons in a peer group, or families to other families, in Christian living.
3. Relate younger persons to more mature, adult Christians other than their families, in a sustained, counseling relationship.
4. Afford an opportunity to study the Scripture and make application in an immediate, living situation.
5. Afford an opportunity to discover that all of life is holy, and that it cannot be separated into the sacred and the secular.
6. Encourage the spirit of Christian community cooperation rather than the spirit of competition.
7. Help in the development of self-relience.
8. Lead to a Christian understanding of the worth of an individual in terms of what he is rather than of what he possesses.
9. Provide a setting where inter-group activity can take place at a significant level.
10. Teach a person to be responsible for the care and use of all of God's facilities.
Mississippi Christian Service Camp
A Summer Full of Jesus